sabato 31 gennaio 2009

Photo Diary of James Hill

Trying to work on Saturday morning, always brings you reading some news around..:P And this is how I found myself on the trace of the photographer of Between war and Peace , James Hill. Originally English, he is now living in Russia, but travelling around as NY Times photographer. His photodiary in Afghanistan war is really touching, and it brings you in discovering, as rarely happens, these womanish and mannish suffering eyes behind the net of fear.


His spots seems to be stolen in the perfect moment, in the perfect instant in which silence takes the place of the war uproar. Just a moment, a moment of humanity, of living. And in the portrait he steals even more, he steals the angry look of a young lady without Chador, he sees the detail in a crowd.

James Hill pict
I am not an expert, I am not a photographer, I just like to write down what I feel...


Photos © James Hill

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento